Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first Basket

Posted by knash6 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 2, 03 at 10:42

Hi all! Here is my first basket...put together for a Valentine's fundraiser for a school. I'll need to do about 50 more by the 13th! Yikes!!! ;) Included is 20 rose petal soaps, an Oatmeal honey almond bar, a rose scent scrunchee soap on a rope, two small hand soaps (a heart w/roses and an angel, some rose scented bath salts in a sachet, and a nice soft washcloth. I plan on redoing the labeling a little and adding white tissue paper in the bottom of the basket as filler (it's empty now!). It's in a nice hard plastic white bath caddy. Any suggestions? Is it okay?
Kristi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first Basket

It's beautiful!!!! You did a great job! Fifty more? lol! You better get soaping, girl! lol!
Susan....rushing back to work (I'm on lunch)

o

Kristi--
Looks awesome to me!! Did you get a mold specific to doing the bath pouf bars? I used a tupperware container and it didn't come out that great...but good enough for me to use!

Jill

o

Kristi! You have inspired me! I have been putting off making baskets for all of my girls for Valentine's Day. I've finally started working on them tonight! Thanks! Your basket is absolutely beautiful! Good luck with the rest of them!

Lissa

o

Thanks guys!

Susan- yes...I better get soaping! I hope I can get it dont in time.

Jill- Yes...I broke down and bought the kit at Michael's just to get the form to use. I thought about finding something else to use, but nothing seemed like it would work. This form is great! Just right for the small scrunchees...even better for the new scrunchees with the handle attached to them. (Walmart and target has them) Have ya'll seen those? I like them better, even though they are more expensive.

Lissa- Thanks for the luck sent my way...I'm gonna need it! LOL

Kristi

o

I want one--it's a gorgeous basket! I keep telling me I absolutely cannot start learning another craft but soap making sure keeps calling to me!!!! Your basket didn't help, but I love it anyway--maybe I could do that some day.

o

Kristi - it's beautiful! Your wrapped bar looks so good!!
Very professional. Congratulations, Sandra

o

This is beautiful!

I wondering how'd they sell and much you sold them for?

Do others have basket ideas? I just stared lookin over this forum, maybe I'll make some soap!

Leasa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here