Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone use Word Perfect?

Posted by sriston (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 24, 03 at 9:33

I have always used Office 97, but it won't run on my new computer (XP). This machine came with Word Perfect 2002, which seems nice (if I can get it figured out). Can anyone tell me how in the world you do labels (Avery) with Word Perfect? I always used the Avery Wizard with Office 97. I use lots of labels, both for my soaps and candles, and for mailing. I appreciate any help.
Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone use Word Perfect?

No clue on that, but what can you tell me about the Avery wizard? I've talked to several folks who say it's great to work with. And is it www.avery.com for the address?

Thanks, Hazel

PS-just wondering if they have an updates you could download? I had to do that for my Kodak digital camera..wouldn't work on this new puter till I downloaded the updates.....

o

Yes, Hazel, the Avery Wizard is available (free) at the Avery website. It is great-- every label Avery makes can be customized with it, either singly (many different entries on a sheet) or a whole sheet of identical stickers. I am just lost without it! I tried going through the Microsoft Support KNowledge Base but couldn't find a thing relating to XP and Office 97. I guess I will ask on the Computer Forum. Be sure and try the Wizard. It intergrates into all versions of Microsoft Office and is an indispensible tool for anyone who makes labels.
Susan

o

Hi Susan,
I have been using Word Perfect for years. Its super easy to format labels. Under the top tab that says format, if you go 2/3 of the way down, you will see labels (fourth from the bottom). Scroll through the labels until you find the one you want to use and select it. It's that easy. You need to insert a hard return (control/enter) between the labels to separate them. I hope I've explained this clearly enough - its really easy. If you have any other Word Perfect questions, feel free to e-mail me at magimay@bellsouth.net.

Magi

o

Thanks, Magi. I am so relieved to find someone that uses Word Perfect! It seems to do everything Microsoft Office does, but everything is in a different place, and the way it numbers pages confuses me!
Susan

o

Yeah, I know. We're switching over to Microsoft Word at work in the near future and I will be lost!

Magi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here