Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rose petals soap & mold

Posted by Hazel_SC (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 15, 03 at 0:29

Well, I played with the mold a bit. It's a nice mold, worked better than I thought it would. however it DOES NOT make the THIN petals that we saw in the picture posted from that web page-the ones where you use them as single use soaps or added to the bath water.......they are definitly more like guest soaps. The tiny ones may be single use, but the bigger ones are NOT.

It took about 20 minutes or so to make all the petals in the picture, about 10ish minutes per batch, from melt to release. Took about an 1 oz. of soap/batch

There is one I stuck up in the mold so you can sort of see how thick they are. (That is the thickest end of the petal.)

They will probably make great gifts, nice for wedding showers, etc. Wish I would have had the mold in time to do some to put in the shop I have stuff in.....probably would have sold great for V-day....

Sorry picture quality isn't great, just snapped a quick pic.

Hazel

Here is a link that might be useful: rose petals soap & mold

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rose petals soap & mold

Hazel--those look REALLY cool! Mother's Day is coming...they'd probably sell well for that holiday too.

Jill

o

Hazel, they're really pretty. Jill's right, they probably would sell great for Mother's Day. Sandra

o

Thanks for the complements....they probably will do well for mothers day.

Back to cleaning...........

Hazel

o

Very nice Hazel. Easier than dipping the silk petals I would guess. I love that color. I tried to mix red and blue to make purple and it was a disaster. I guess I'll have to buy some colorant that is already purple. Where do you get yours from?

Magi

o

They are very pretty, Hazel, but I agree with you that the picture (or our conception of the picture) was misleading. They did make very nice petals, but don't seem to be nearly as impressive (in shape, size, and intricacy) as the photo posted by the seller. However, they are beautiful and I think they will sell well.
Susan

o

I get my soap dyes at Micheals, they are Life of the party brand. I mix red & blue to get purple, starting with red, & adding blue about a drop at a time. Can get a nice deep purple in clear, best I have come up with in the white base is a deep lavender blue, NOT a true purple.

Hazel

o

Where are those rose petal soap molds sold??

o

I got mine from a lady who sells them on ebay. I didn't buy it from an auction I went to her web site & bought it. THey were being bid up too high on ebay.
Can't remember her name or the web site. You might want to check on ebay & do a search for soap mold, rose petals etc.
Sorry I can't be more help......

Hazel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here