Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Magi...Mardi Gras Mold

Posted by Jill_NC (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 27, 03 at 0:16

Weren't you looking for a mold suitable for Mardi Gras? Check this one out: Mardi Gras Soap Mold

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Magi...Mardi Gras Mold

Oh Jill! That is perfect! I just have to order one for next year since Mardi Gras is just a few days away. Did you stumble upon that or were you looking? Thanks so much for the link.

Magi

o

Magi--
I found a link to the mold site that I posted under "Molds Galore" here. I think I looked at every page there was LOL! I remembered you were looking for something like that.

Did I mention that I was going to try and embed some strands of beads into a bar of soap? Well I don't have a big enough mold to accommodate the beads my mom sent :-( But I saw a site where they used Mardi Gras beads as a mosaic medium...hmmm! Mom sent me 12 strands of beads--I think I can do something with them LOL.

Jill

o

Beads as a mosaic medium? Do tell me more! We went to a parade last night and came home with bags of the stuff. I usually throw them away when my kids aren't looking- LOL! Seriously, though, I'm looking to do some stepping stones for a garden path and you have peaked my interest in using beads to embed in them for a mosaic look. So, if you know the site, let me know!
Magi

o

Magi--Here's the link to the Mardi Gras Bead Mosaic Artist. I'm pretty sure I found the link over at the Garden Junk forum. It's a very cool site.

Jill

o

They are really neat - but they don't tell me how to do it! I guess that's his secret, but I'm going to surf around and figure out how. I think it would look sooooo cool on stepping stones for my garden.

Uh, oh, am I developing a new obsession?

Magi

o

Magi-
I think you could just lay down some cement (or whatever base you want) and then just press the beads in...or put some glue down first, then your beads and then cover w/your grout and wipe down. I'm not sure how deep the color goes on my plastic beads - I am probably going to do a wall hanging (for the garden) with mine.

You can find me at Johnson Beach State Park (Perdido Key) sometime this summer...that is my all-time favorite beach and I spent 10 yrs on the Jersey shore!

Jill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here