Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help i want a recipe for the best non sticking soap

Posted by felicitafataki (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 5, 06 at 23:16

hi i am new at this a girl from new york, now living in west virginia ( way up in the mountains) everyone here quilts, make candles tec, and i want to make soap :) , wanting to learn how to make beautifully smellling colored soaps like orange for mango etc:) i need help, i dont know all the lingo, but id like the easiest for an amateur and the cheapest , but come out with a good smelling and productive soap:) am i asking too much:) any recipes would be appreciated tips, emails me at cintron0840@gmail.com if youd like, but please share your expertise , im an eager student willing to learn, wanting to make a thing fo beauty and use:) HELP:):) BLESSINGS TO ALL!!!!!! any and all advice recipes links would be sooooo appreciated

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help i want a recipe for the best non sticking soap

Well, I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking. I make CP (cold process) soap and melt and pour soap. I have never had soap "stick" to the molds, if that is what you are referring to. What type of soap are you interested in making? If you are just wanting to learn, I would suggest you begin with melt and pour soap, using a top-quality base like SFIC. Making good soap takes a lot of practise and trial and error. Start simple, as with any hobby, and work your way up into better recipes, etc.
Susan

o

I don't make soap..but hang out with soapers...
and if you want simple, easy and smell good soap..
Start with Melt and Pour using the SFIC bases.
Do a google with Melt and Pour SFIC bases....
You will get alot of sites that sell it and tell you how to use it.
Now cooking your own soap as in Cold Process...takes alot more care...But it's another process you should investigate to see if you wanna go that route.

o

There are a ton of recipe forums on the internet.....one of my favorites is candletech.com. I started with Crock Pot Hot Process and love it, I also love whipped soap (its cool and it FLOATS). I started cheap with stuff I could find around town, like lard or shortening, and coconut oil makes great soap, but you can't use too much or its super drying. you can e-mail me or IM me anytime if you have questions. I'm younggrasshper on yahoo, for e-mail and instant messenger!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here