Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recycling partylite ideas?

Posted by fiestaware1 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 1, 10 at 20:26

Recently I received several Partylite gift certificates, which are of little to no use to me, since my wife and I have began making our own soy wax candles.

We are new to the art of soy wax and are wondering if we could use these partylite certificates to purchase supplies for use in our own candle construction. (we have been making fiesta ware container candles)
we enjoy several of their scents, and they sell their "essential oils" in reed diffuser format.
Can this oil be used to scent soy wax candles?
can it be tempered at a higher temp to induce proper mixing?

if not.....
Is there anything else from partylite that people have successfully recycled into their own products?

thanks,
Andre
Itsacandlenow fiestaware soywax candles

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recycling partylite ideas?

I have used the "tarts" to scent a batch of soy wax before succesfully making some great smelling candles. Otherwise, the votives work also, just removing the wick. Hope this helps! it is worth a try absolutely!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here