Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Green tea infusion

Posted by ronniner (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 28, 07 at 20:06

No, using an anchor means to use another scent (EO) to help keep the fleeting EO around longer. Patchouli and Litsea cubeba are anchors I have used with success, but also keep in mind that lavender used at 1oz. per pound of oils will have good scent for up to 1 year without an anchor. ; make soap to last you for a year at a time of usage (and friends) and the scent should not be a problem. :).
Many soapers when starting out don't use nor know about anchors, I am sort of sorry that I have mentioned it in here, but now you are aware. Hope I didn't confuse you the situation much:(
This is not needed for FOs, for FOs should be designed to having staying power incorporated. A FO without staying power has not been designed well and you should look elsewhere.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Green tea infusion

I'm a newbie at making soaps, and I didn't understand a word you just said :-)

Help......

Tina

o

Tina, Ron was actually replying to another thread about infusing green tea for scent in making Cold Process Soap.

Simply~Essential Oils don't have as long a holding power usually in Cold Process soap, so a soaper will often use and anchor scent to hold the EO longer.

But I think it's more of a cold process thing than a M&P thing.

o

Thanks terri_pacnw

. Yes, between my browser and this site, my response has been misplaced. As well, my comment was for CP (cold process) soap (for I do not make M&P).

Please refer to the other "green tea infusion" thread to make some sense out of what I had typed above.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here