SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remjsmom76_gw

M&P and using additives that may go rancid?

remjsmom76
15 years ago

So I was telling people that I will be selling my soap. I said I use M&P method and then I mentioned what I added. I just wanted to get some advice. I told her I made an oatmeal bar with honey, dry milk, oats and almond oil. One posted said that she is worried that i used a lot of stuff that can go rancid because there is saponification (sp?), it had been done when the soap was made? However I have a book and I followed a receipe. A lot of the recipes that have stuff that can go bad, says that we should add Fresh Fruit, the stuff that prevents cut fruits and veggies from going brown and bad.

So is it true that I cant add all these things? I mean I have a book, but I get all sorts of confusing comments from this one poster. Shes a good friend, online, I have chatted with her for a while, but I think she is a CP soap maker. I wont do CP/HP methods cause i have 4 very inquisitve girls and they WANT TO BE LIKE MOM and try to make things I make. So no CP/HP for me not until the youngest is a least 13 yrs old.

Any comments/advice on this racid comment?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996