Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much stevia in lip balm?

Posted by sara-s (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 30, 07 at 16:36

I want to make some lip balm. I know that I can use the same sorts of ingredients as I use for lotion bars, but I want to add stevia for sweetness. I have not used it before, so I don't know how much to add. (Assume 3 oz. batch of lip balm base.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much stevia in lip balm?

Sara, I see you use Brambleberry products. Did you check Teachsoap.com? It's Anne-Marie's companion site and has recipes on it.
I use her flavor oils straight up. I don't sweeten my lip balms at all.

o

I am not being smart, .... to taste.

o

That's true Ron~recipes usually say to taste...LOL

o

I know they usually sy "to taste" but the problem is that I don't know how much to start with- a gram , a teaspoon? A starting estimate would be very helpful.
Thanks.

o

according to Brambleberry, you use 1%. for a 3oz batch, that's .03 ounces. I don't work in measurements, only weights. So I'd have no idea if that was even a teaspoon measureable amount. My suggestion..a small pinch.

o

Thanks Terri. That gives me something to work with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here