Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a GOOD Bayberry fragrance?

Posted by paul_ (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 29, 12 at 15:54

Just wondering if anyone might know where one can find a GOOD bayberry fragrance for candles. Once in a blue moon I happen to stumble upon a candle that has a good bayberry scent. All too often, candles labeled as bayberry instead just smell like pine/evergreen. Unfortunately, I find this latter issue is predominantly the case with the "bayberry" fragrances sold for making candles. Tried the bayberry from Bitter Creek and was not very impressed. It too was more a pine scent than anything else.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a GOOD Bayberry fragrance?

I love the Bayberry from Peak Candle. (I haven't liked anything from Bittercreek.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Peak Candle

o

Thanks, Sara! Gives me another source to try! (As I recall the "Lemon Pucker" from BC was good.)

o

Try the bayberry from Bolekscarfts.com It is mostly a craft supply company, but they have some great EO's and FO's, and their bayberry is very good. In fact, some of their FO's are for sale in Hobby Lobby (under crafty bubbles).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here