Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about tea lights & a scent

Posted by libbyliz (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 7, 06 at 15:20

Hubby bought me tea lights for Christmas when I requested votives. I don't have tea light holders. Can plastic cup tea lights be burned in open top glass votive holders?

One of the scents was Yankee Coconut Bay. Being it's a fruit/nut scent I'd use it in the kitchen or dining room. But then I also attribute it to a tropical breeze type scent that I could probably use in the bathroom. What's your take on this?

Thanks in advance for any/all replies!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about tea lights & a scent

Yes, you can use the tealights in the votive holders. Tea lights also look lovely when used in stemware, like wine glasses. You can even use them just as they are on any heat-resistant surface since they are in their own "containers", so to speak.

As for the fragrance, I use any fragrance anywhere. Some I tend to use more in the kitchen, like Apple Pie, but I do use scents like that in the living room, too. It is just a matter of personal preference. To me, the fragrance you describe would be a nice summer fragrance for the living room or bedroom. As I said, it is just a matter of where you want to smell it! :)
Susan

o

The only place you shouldn't burn a plastic cupped tea light is in an enclosed tealight burner. Like ceramic houses and figures.
Otherwise any votive holder or glass, or heat resistant surface.

Interesting to discuss only burning certain scents in certain rooms...
Never thought of that. I burn what I like, where ever I like it.

However, a tealight is not meant to scent a "full room".
You can put it in a small powder room and shut the door, and it might "fill" the room. Otherwise, you'll most likely only get a whiff of a tealight when you walk buy it burning anywhere else.

o

They'd be put in a bathroom. We have two & they're both small. One has the sink & toilet. The other is two small rooms, one with the sink & the other with the toilet & shower/tub. You can't sit on the toilet & have someone open the door or your legs will get a whack. I should actually call them closets!

I decided to try this scent in the one downstairs, the one with the sink & toilet. I have two sitting on the sink, one on each side of the faucet. It's starting to smell tropical in there even with the door open!

o

Glad to hear you are enjoying them.
That's what candle burning is all about!

o

Is it safe to use the tea lights with a metal base in wine glasses or should you use the tea lights with a plastic base or neither or does it matter?

o

Hmmm I'm not sure. It's probably okay do use either. Plastic shouldn't be burned in a "closed" burner though. So it should do fine in a wine glass.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here