Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Honeymooners Survival Kit

Posted by CraftyGirl75 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 28, 03 at 14:36

Hey all -

Getting ready to leave for my tip to NC. Jill, please tell me there's no snow. Lie to me if you must. :)

Anyhow, I mentioned on the petals 101 post that I made this basket as a wedding gift and I wanted to share the picture. I wanted an inexpensive yet nice gift to take with me. You'll have to look in the craft forum for the picture, because I didn't know how to post it here. Sorry
:(.

The basket has two oversized bath towels, a bottle of Michigan Cellars wine and corkscrew, two wine glasses (each with a stem charm), two kinds of cheeses with a spreader, crackers, chocolates, a chocolate candy bar, bubble bath, massage oil, candles and matches, conversation cards and foreplay dice, a Billie Holiday love songs cd, homemade soap, soap petals, tub tea and bath salts, and a mini book on true love.

I made labels for everything with a little bride and groom in a car so everything looked the same. I also made vellum wraps for the candles with little candle poems and the bride and grrom clip art on them.

I'm so pleased with it I wanted to share it.

Heather

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Honeymooners Survival Kit

OMG Heather - that is so awesome!!!!! You can tell you put your heart and soul into that basket! They are just gonna love it!!! Fanfingtastic job!!!!!!! ;o)

o

Heather---

No snow here - I'm about 40 mi. north of the SC/NC border, along the I-95 corridor. The weather is supposed to stay on a warming trend, with the temps this weekend in the mid-hi 50's and hitting the 60's the beginning of next week :-)

Your basket is AWESOME! Great job (where are the food soaps??) - report back and let us know how it went over.

Where 'bouts in NC are you going?
Have a great time!

Jill

o
test

I couldn't post a direct link to the photo---hmmm, used to be able to---so I'm trying a link to Heather's gallery post that has a link to the photo. Two mouse clicks & you've got Heather's photo!

J

Here is a link that might be useful: Heather's Gallery Link for Soap Photo

o

Thanks for doing that Jill. I couldn't figure it out yesterday. It's not the same as in the craft forum. When I went to preview there was no spot to enter a link URL. But there is one today. I think the board was messed up yesterday. It also wouldn't let me leave a pic in the gallery without leaving a message. It kept asking for my name and e-mail address and then kept rejecting it. Hmmm.. Oh Well.

I am going to Hubert, NC, which is just north of the SC border on the coast. It is off of 24, which is off of 40 (near Winston Salem).

No food soaps in this basket. I get too tempted to lick the fork. J/K

Heather

o

Heather--
to check out the weather - go to Wunderground.Com (it's my favorite weather site) - and enter Hubert, NC in the search box. Have a safe trip!

I was wondering if the board was messed up too -- I got similar error messages when trying to link your photo.

Jill

o

Beautiful basket, Heather! What a great gift!

Tara

o

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I'm sure they will love it. (If they don't, you can send it to me :-)

Gifts made by hand are gifts from the heart. I can only speak for myself, but I would rather get a gift like that than a super expensive store bought item. I know alot of love went into it.

Magi

o
It was a hit!

I'm back and the basket was a total success. I got so many compliments on it. It was a very small wedding, about 30 people. Probably 25 of them gave me personal compliments and several said it was the best gift there. WOW! I felt like the queen of gift givers! LOL.

Thanks for the support and compliments you all posted or e-mailed.

Heather

PS - The weather was fabulous for two days Jill. Quite a bit nicer than MI. It was -6 when I left Michigan for NC!

o

Heather--
Congrats on the wonderful response to your beautiful basket! You deserved it, girl!

The weather has been pretty nice here, 'specially the beginning of the week...but now rain & cold again - but NOT as cold as you.

J

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here