Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HI! New here.. with a question about suppliers

Posted by mickiecake (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 12, 06 at 13:50

HI everyone. I have been lurking for awhile, and decided it was time to say hi. =). My sister and I have been making lotions and soaps from bases, and have a desire to go 100% natural, and all from scratch. I have been doing a little research, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on the best places to get basics like cocoa butter and beeswax. We want the highest quality possible. Also, there are soo many recipes out there, it's hard to know where to begin... so if anyone has some advice for me,, I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks!
Mickie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HI! New here.. with a question about suppliers

Welcome to our thread. Sorry I can't be of more help, I use bases, also. I buy alot from Wholesale Supplies Plus, (they carry a all natural base) but am finding their shipping is high, so I've been looking around. Have you checked out Millers website? They have alot of info on making soap.
Laura

Here is a link that might be useful: Millers Homemade Soap Pages

o

Check out Brambleberry and Oregon Trails
Both are quality suppliers.
Brambleberry has a sub business called Otion. AnneMarie(owner of BB and Otion), is a fabulous resource in her own right.
All three sites have recipes available as well.
Susan at OT is another great resource. I've never had either ignore my questions via email.

o

If you have the money to put into the quantity, soaperschoice.com or columbusfoods.net (they're the same company) has very good prices on bulk.

o
Thanks for all the great tips!

thanks!

o

I found a soaper's co-op you guys might like. I bought some EO's at great prices

Here is a link that might be useful: Soapers Supples

o
all natural soap recipes

OK another new person. Am requesting your favorite and best natural soap recipes, plus favorite fragnance oils. Also, does anyone know how to make the fizzes that are copycats of those by www.lush.com?
They are wonderful.
Thanks for sharing

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here