SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
libbyliz_gw

Pillar candle holders

LibbyLiz
18 years ago

I'm having the hardest time trying to find clear plain glass hurricane holders for each of the sizes of pillar candles I want to buy.

Lots of places sell the hurricane holders for 3" & 4" diameter pillars, but I want a whole set to match & one for each size candle. I've not been able to find any to fit 6" diameter pillars. I don't know if 5" diameter pillars exist, but if they do, I'd need a holder for them as well.

Since I'm unable to find these matching hurricane pillar candle holders in clear plain glass I've been thinking of using glazed terra cotta saucers, but I don't know what size to get for each pillar candle.

I'd need to consider room for the candle wax when/if it overflows so it doesn't end up on furniture or flooring. This is why I wanted hurricane holders. I can't stand the flat-like plates or those with little lips most places sell for holding pillar candles. I've had accidents in the past with the candle burning through on one side & hot wax flowing onto a table & floor.

So if I get glazed ceramic saucers to hold the pillars & catch wax overflow, how much room do I give each diameter pillar candle?

Comments (2)

Sponsored