Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Online Sites to Purchase FO's?

Posted by christinah (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 24, 07 at 11:52

Hi, I'm wondering what sites are the best for purchasing fragrance oils that are true to scent? I've had one or two bad experiences of purchasing fragrance oils that smelled terrible or just too cloying.

I've had good success with From Nature with Love, but was wondering if there are any other sites to recommend?

Thanks everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Online Sites to Purchase FO's?

Oops, forgot to clarify. This would be for soaps and bath and body products, not candles. Don't know if that makes any difference, but just thought I'd say.

o

Okay, in a round about way, I found your blog, and then your "location". LOL
So I can give you some places to look near you and far from you..

Two of my favorite West Coast Suppliers (far) LOL
Brambleberry~WA and OregonTrailsoaps~OR

Candle Cocoon (her regular line) has alot of great multi purpose scents. (meaning B&B and soap and candles) Fabulous oils they are a bit pricey, but you don't need nearly as much as other companies (mid way~she's in WI)
Nature's Garden ~Ohio
Southern Scentsations~MI

East Coast side...hmmmm
Fragrance Oil Heaven~NY
Candlewic~PA

All the ones I've listed in the body of this thread, I've either done business with, or know friends who use them as well.
Good companies for sure.
But the link below gives you even more choices.

Here is a link that might be useful: A little resource you might like. :o)

o

It depends on where you live in north america and what scents you are after.
Brambleberry (Washington), Oregon Trails Oregon, who would have thought!), FPI (Vancouver Canada) have been some of the consistently good ones I have used in the past.

o
RE: Best Online FO Sites

My browser is playing tricks on me today. First there weren't any responses, then there were more. Hmmmmm.

FPI sells scent (the smallest amount is 1 pound) the last time I checked. When putting in orders to some companies who carry or make their own scent, get samples to give you a better idea of what to expect if you were to order more and soap with it.

o

Hello,
Newbie here.
I use http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/ for all of my FO's
They have many scents and are reasonable.

o

I buy all the majority of my fragrance oils from:
Let It Shine in Seattle and FlickersFragrances in Indiana.

Both of these places have the best fragrance oils that I have used. I make bath products and candles. Most of them are for both body and wax.

o

I will disagree with Let it Shine..I was unimpressed with the 3 or 4 oils I've tried from them. There wasn't one in the bunch I recall, thinking.."ooh this is the scent I'm going to use."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here