Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Linen Spray/Air Freshener

Posted by bearybubbly (bearybubbly@aol.com) on
Fri, Jan 9, 04 at 9:44

I am looking for a good linen spray. I have tried ready made base but it is not what I am looking for it is too slimey for me LOL I have heard about using Vodka or Everclear but can't seem to find a recipe. I would like to stay as close to natural as I can. Any ideas???
Doris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Linen Spray/Air Freshener

This is the body/linen spray that I make, you may have to adjust accordingly, for example some FO are cloudier than others and need a little more alcohol:

For a 4oz bottle - 1 Tablespoon Polysorbate 20, 1 Tablespoon FO, 1oz Everclear appox 3oz distilled water

I always start with the FO and Polysorbate (this emulsifys the water and oil) then I add the alcohol then the distilled water, I stir until completely blended then pour into bottle. You may want to not add full amount of water at first so you can see how cloudy the mixture is going to be, you can let it sit over night also and it will become clearer. I usually have to work with a little each time I try a new FO.

Mine are not always completely clear either, but I have my in aluminum bottles so you cannot see the finished product and I have tested on clothes etc and the mixture being cloudy does not effect linens etc.

I was very concerned about the amt of alcohol used as well. I even tried making without and the spray just smelled alot like faintly fragranced water. I have found adding the small amt of alcohol works well.

Hope this has helped

Elle

o

I have always wanted to do this too, and then noticing your post I decided to look it up, here's a link I found, haven't tried it yet--just found it today.

Here is a link that might be useful: linen spray recipe

o

I just purchased a product called cyclomethicone, which is a dry oil you use as body/linen spray etc. Just add FO or EO bottle and sell does not get cloudy. Pretty neat stuff. Has anyone ever used it? So far I like it alot. No more buying Pure Grain etc. What a mess that was

Michelle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here