Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glycerin

Posted by bio-guy (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 20, 09 at 9:40

My son and I make Bio-diesel (from vegetable oil)our by-product is glycerin. there are other Bio-diesel people that make soap from there glycerin however we are not interested in making soap. We just want to get rid of the glycerin. If this is something you folks can use we would be happy to give it away.We are in Northern Rhode Island USA. Please contact me with any questions.

Thank you for your time
Bio-guy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glycerin

I would like to add to my previous post, when we make Bio-diesel we use used cooking oil from resteruants, before we can procces it we have to filter it down for particles to fuel grade, So needless to say the glycerin is clear of any suspended particles.Also this would be a liquid soap, our glycerin does not solidify it is the color of light maple syrup and is a raw glycerin. I know of some Bio-diesel people (not personally) that make soap out of there own glycerin and market it. One person even sells a book on the how to's. They have web sites you could vist if you are interested I can list the information.If I am out of line with my postings please tell me, I am only trying to keep the "green" thinking going by finding someone who can use the glycerin instead of me disposing of something that can still be used. Thank you for your time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here