Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lavender dryer sachets

Posted by sriston (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 24, 04 at 1:34

Hazel, are you still hanging around here somewhere? Of course, this is directed to anyone that can answer it, but I know that you make and sell these products. I have some botanicals ordered from Atlantic Spice- I am going to test the market for eye masks, dryer sachets, etc. I want some for myself, anyway- LOL. I ordered the #1 Lavender like you suggested, along with several other things that I will need. I am anxious to get them and get started. Anyway, I was wondering about the dryer sachets. You are the only person I have ever ran across that makes these. I know you said you just put the lavender into muslin bags, and then it is tossed into the dryer. How big are the bags you use? I have some muslin drawstring bags that I bought a while back that I am planning on using. I am going to sew the tops shut, though, even though they are drawstring because I think the lavender would come out in the dryer. Is lavender the only thing you put in your dryer sachets? Thanks a bunch for your information- I appreciate it.
Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lavender dryer sachets

Thanks!
Susan

o

Susan- I can't help you, but I would also be interested in the stuff you are making(where you get product from and what you wind up making) I too bought some small sack bags I could sew up Please share your ideas as you learn
thanks

o
RE: lavender dryer sachets(found a site)

Susan
Here is a site that sells them- so you can see what they say about them
http://bristen.com/zlavender/lavenderachets.htm

o

The Lavender sachets have, thus far, sold well. All I did was to put some dried lavender in the bags and close them up. I have a whole bunch of organza bags that I am going to use, too, for drawer sachets. I am about out of lavender, will have to order more. The bags I originally used were 4x6 muslin bags and held a lot of lavender. I got my botanicals from atlanticspice.com. I am going to make some other kinds of sachets, too, as soon as I locate some more recipes. A friend also told me that she uses the muslin bags to hold the corn cob bedding sachet. I make and sell alot of the corn cob bedding sachets, but I have always packed them in tea bags. I was worried about the muslin aborbing the fragrance oil in the corn cob bedding, but she said hers doesn't. She uses one ounce of FO in three cups of corn cob bedding. I am going to try that, too. (So many things to try..)
Susan

o

I just bought some lavender dryer sachets in NH this summer from a company called sweet grass farm. They are WONDERFUL!! I'm going to make some, too.

o

I know this thread is not new, but I am considering making sachets with corn cob bedding. I would like to hear the voices of experience about how your things came out! Thanks, Teri

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here