Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinmich

Another Tiny Home, in Portland (YouTube video)

Nancy in Mich
10 years ago

Hi everybody!
I have been busy with the holidays and with learning Sketch-Up, a program for home design. I am putting my bathroom remodel into Sketch-Up so that DH can visualize it as well as I can, and so that I can make sure of choices. We still are not sure when we will do the work, but we have started buying the components. It may be a year or two. Depends on the real estate market here.

We actually may have a chance to sell the house we moved out of Thanksgiving weekend 2005! I have an agent looking into the market. If we can get enough from a sale to cover the first mortgage and some of the fees, we think we can get a loan to cover the second mortgage (which is actually the 20% down on the house we now live in). That second mortgage has been cut by more than half. We have also almost paid off the surprise foundation repairs we had to do on the new house in 2011 and just paid off the emergency new roof we did last Christmas. Whew! So, if we get to sell the old house, we won't be able to do the bathroom because we won't have any money left. But it has to be done sometime, or we will find ourselves finishing a shower in the basement one morning.

My way of dealing with uncertainty is to plan. My plans should be available to share soon. I only hope I can figure out how to post screen shots from Sketch Up.

Meanwhile, I found this nifty little house in my mailbox today an I thought you might enjoy the tour. It is a YouTube video, and easy to watch.

Here is a link that might be useful: No, it is not made of paper bags!

Comments (2)