Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

Update on Phoggie's house

phoggie
11 years ago

Yea!Finally posted a photo...thanks to my daughter! :)

Comments (22)

• ogrose_tx
    11 years ago

Wow, you're getting there for sure! When will you be able to move in?

• Nancy in Mich
    11 years ago

Looking good!

• Shades_of_idaho
    11 years ago

Wonderful!!! Love the soft gray color. We did a house in similar with a soft white and it was so pretty.

Can hardly wait to see more pictures.

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

thank your dd for us. It's so good to see it so far along now - you'll be in there in no time!

• jakabedy
    11 years ago

Cute! It won't be long, now.

• ellendi
    11 years ago

It looks perfect. All your planning has paid off.

• Houseofsticks
    11 years ago

Phoggie,
    It's comming along so beautifully, congratulations!!

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

Hi Phoggie: Happiest New Year!! Love what you are doing and for posting along the way! I am in love w/your porch! Looking forward to seeing more pics as you progress.

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Oooh, nice! Love the big porch and your windows. Your dd only took one photo? Tell her the obsessed folks here want more. lol

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I picked out colors this morning.....now I am second guessing about the kitchen....so imagine with me 'cause I do not have pics to show :-(

It is an open concept...so I chose a sageish olive color for living room, dining room and kitchen area. Cabinets will be birch painted pearl...granite will be Santa Cecilia (cream, brown, black) and I am thinking about either a cream with an insert of long skinny multi colored accent or taupe brown inch square glass tile, with stained hickory floors,SS appliances....there's will be very little wall space in the kitchen, but I am thinking that perhaps that should be painted a shade of brown instead the green...paint order is being done tomorrow. What do you think?

• ppbenn
    11 years ago

Phoggie Wow You've got a house!!!
    I vote for cream with multi color accent and greenish wall color.
    I have a brown (think frosty from Wendy's) bedroom wall color. Loved it at first. But Brown is tuff depending on the lighting in the room and other items it can zap the energy. I'd wait til moved in to pick a brown paint.
    Love what we can see of your house.

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

"I am thinking about either a cream with an insert of long skinny multi colored accent"

do you mean like a pencil insert across the wall of the BS?

sort of like petra has? (her BS has bright color inserts tho)

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, desertsteph.....I was thinking about cutting the 12x12 sheet into 4 lines of glass pencil tiles...and inserting them in the cream tiles about 4-6 inches up from the granite counter. Or I might just use the cream with some color of soft taupe grout......but it is the wall color that I am debating about. There is very little wall space that would show...so do I match the wall color with the grout color, or paint it green like is in the connecting dining room? I was looking at Lowes....and if you want look it up, the background tile is a biscuit color sheet with smaller subway tiles....and the glass tiles are a variation of cream and browns.

They are finishing the sheet rock this week...and will start to paint next week....WOOHOO!! No more wall than there is in the kitchen, I might let them paint it green and get one of my kids to repaint it brown if I don't like the green.....decisions, decisions, decisions!!!

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

I think going with the green is a good idea - at least for now. or a shade of the same green (on the same paint strip).

can you post the website address for the accent tile? I'm at a loss on the lowe's site in looking at tile.

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

What I would cut in strips. Home depot ..EPOCH Spectrum desert gold glass ..... I do not want to compete by being too busy with my granite.

Field...American olean 12x12 biscuit (small subway style)...Lowes

• daisyblue
    11 years ago

Wow, Phoggie! I cannot believe how far you've come since I checked in last. I look forward to more pics!!

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

They finished painting all of the inside today and sprayed the doors and woodwork..will probably start hanging doors tomorrow..as well as lay some more floor tile in utility and bathrooms. They also have most of the light fixtures hung. Cabinets are done and will be delivered soon...granite is out at the fabricator shop. I am so excited to watch all of my planning come together......so far, so good!

• Shades_of_idaho
    11 years ago

Phoggie. So happy for you. Your new house sounds/looks wonderful. The pictures are great. Do you have an expected move in date?

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks shades, no date exactly, but probably about 4 weeks or so.

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

Wow Phoggie - it seems like things are moving along smoothly and so quickly! I am sure to you it probably doesn't seem so fast but can you believe a month or so and you will be in? Congrats on all of the progress. Hope to see more pics when your daughter comes to visit next, hint hint.

This post was edited by Autumn.4 on Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 20:01

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Not as much progress this week as I would have liked but one of the crew member's wife had an emergency surgery so he missed several days to be with their two very young children and help her....then the flu bug started biting!...so it was a slower week....but I have no control of health, so will be happy with all the progress I get. I spent the weekend in Kansas City with one of my daughters and we shopped for house accessories....so fun! I will keep you posted and hope my DH will be down to post pictures again soon.

• phoggie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I need to proof better...although I wish my DH could come down and take pictures, I needed to say "DD" .... Sorry.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio