Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

Another free design website - for tile

TxMarti
14 years ago

This is kind of neat if you want to see what tile would look like in your room or cabinets - of if you want to find a border to go with tile.

Daltile Planner

Comments (5)

• Shades_of_idaho
    14 years ago

OH WOW I just spent the evening laying out tile on our master bath counter trying to decide on a design. Wanting to use up what tile I already have with a minimum amount to add to it. I think I have it worked out if I can find some pretty colored tiles to use as fill in.

This will be fun to use. Thanks

Chris

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Chris, would it work to do a mosaic border on the floor, or would the sharp edges of the pieces be a problem?

• Shades_of_idaho
    14 years ago

Marti, One thing to consider it why the tiles cracked on the edges. There might be a weakness in the edges.

I would think a border would be great. Just be sure to get tiles that match up to the ones you have. the floor tiles might be thicker then counter tiles. I have noticed most adds will state the thickness.

Chris

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I think the GW gremlins ate one of my responses. The tiles that are cracked are near the edge of the room, but the tiles are cracked in the middle of each - in an area where there was a dip in the concrete and wasn't leveled enough before tiling. The whole area would have to come out and be re-leveled and then retiled, so I thought it would be a good time to add a border there.

• User
    14 years ago

Thanks for the Daltile link. Seems like I knew it was there, but never needed it. My surfaces range from kitchen floor to backsplash.

And I'll probably use the Italian porcelain Roman Salmon color, which is the tile we have down in the sun porch and in the new bath. Hubby likes it, and so do I. I am very fond of flower pot tones. And I know that in the kitchen, our countertops will be some kind of Silestone quartz. Hubby picked the color for his Cape Cod cottage in MA, and it was Silestone Stellar Snow...absolutely fantastic surface to work on, and that color goes with white cabinets and mottled black/gray granite tile floor. I want a quartz top that sparkles like that one.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville