Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are faux stucco walls out now?

Posted by marti8a (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 15, 11 at 17:39

Yesterday, while waiting at the doctor's office, I watched an HGTV show, something about staging houses for sale. There was a clip about updating a wall with faux stucco. They were sanding it off in the clip but I was called back before I could see that segment.

My den walls have the faux stucco. Not Venetian plaster, it's more uneven. It's the only room in our house with it, and I have regretted putting it in more than once. But the thought of taking it off..... Ewwww.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are faux stucco walls out now?

You don't have to sand it off...you can chip off the "high points" and then skim coat it. That's what we did with our Venetian Plaster walls. I would imagine with stucco, it would just involve more chipping so that the joint compound doesn't crack. It's a lot of work, but much cheaper/easier then replacing the walls and TOTALLY worth it in the end. We did 1400SF of this, so if we can do that, you can do your den!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here