Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

Bedspread comforter dilema for 4 poster bed

TxMarti
14 years ago

{{!gwi}}

This was my grandmother's bed which I got when I was 12. When our 2nd dd was born, there just wasn't room for it, and at its age, I didn't want a 4 yo using it daily. Sometimes the slats fall out with too much jostling and the flat parts are birds-eye maple veneer with a few issues.

So my mother has had it for the last 22 years; she wanted it out and I wanted it, so dh went to get it last weekend when he was out that way on a hunting trip.

I didn't want the mattress & box springs my mom had on it, so we bought this set last week. I remember when I was a teenager, I got a comforter and dust ruffle but I never really liked the way it looked because the dust ruffle either had to hang out over the side rails or tuck into them.

I would love to have the comfortor tuck into the side rails and the dust ruffle come out from under the rails, but with the slats, I don't think there is a way to do that.

So if you have, or have seen a similar bed, how was the bedding/bedspread/comforter done?

I'm in a time crunch too. I can't drive today, but hope to get dh to take me to Target or Ross to get a mattress pad and pillows. DD#2 is coming tomorrow and my mom is coming Tuesday. This will be mom's room while she is here for Christmas.

Oh & the bed and small dresser pretty much fill the room so something that doesn't stick out much is ideal.

Please ignore the junk on the bed. That stuff came out of a larger cabinet and I haven't found a place for it yet.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone