Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
small houses built from antique materials

Posted by pinkpaula (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 3, 09 at 15:29

http://tinytexashouses.com/

I ran across this reference to small houses over on the Building a House Forum. Lots of pictures!

I think it is fantastic to build small homes using vintage materials. Charming, unique, and green.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: small houses built from antique materials

Those are cute little houses, but frightfully expensive. I wonder how they get away with using used building materials? Many building codes specifically forbid using used materials for structural elements.

o

I saw this on a TV show. He is an artist and thought they said many of these homes go to need or it may be the reclaimed material profit that does.

He probably has to maintain the same codes as any builder or someone who moves houses and rebuilds them.

I love what he does too.

o

we have always used reclaimed materials whenever possible..

o

I think these little houses are just darling. We saw a show where an artist was building tiny houses from used materials for the needy and DH and I were amazed and how it was done. Wished they had shown more of it. Not sure if this is the same person or not.

Chris

o

Those are cute. They look like they are out where they probably don't have to comply with a lot of building codes. Where I am, the only thing that has to be inspected is the septic system.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here