Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old time Christmas in Morning Glory Cottage..

Posted by schoolhouse (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 6, 12 at 15:16

...er, barn. Remember the little barn I cleaned out last year in order to pretend I had a cottage? Well, mostly it's a garden shed with furniture now. ha. Anyway, decided to set up a photo this morning to make Christmas cards for my musician friends. I love putting greenery around the windows and the little tree has become a tradition down there. (note the photo on the wall, it's the band I used to play fiddle with for like 15yrs. "The Loosely Woven String Band". I'm in front on the right in the dress with petticoat showing)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old time Christmas in Morning Glory Cottage..

This will make a Great card photo. charming space. Would love to see the picture on the wall close up.

o

Oh, to be that young and carefree again...(I'm the one in front with the fiddle)

o

Very sweet photo...thanks for sharing.

o

For shadygrove, the old time version of "Shady Grove". (no this isn't our band but we used to fiddle the tune)

Here is a link that might be useful: Shady Grove

o

What a great Christmas card, and not just for music lovers.

o

Very pretty!

o

Schoolhouse, thanks for the link....I'm sure you know the great Doc Watson's version.

o

Great photo!

o

That will make a lovely Christmas card. Considering how adorable your house is I'm not surprised by your "little barn".
Love the musicians photo also.

o

Thanks for the close up of the picture.Very cute. I used to play the fiddle too. Loved it. Been a long time. Not sure I can even do it with my hands such a mess from psoriasis and arthritis. :^(

Great card and I do hope you get to have a nice cup of hot chocolate out there soon.

o

Way to use your cottage for a trip down memory lane! Very clever and it makes a great photo card.

o

Schoolhouse, what a treat to see your little Morning Glory Cottage Barn. It is one of my favorite places to think about.
Do you have some cinnamon and cloves you can place in the window like a sachet hanging in the sunshine? Or a packet (opened) of Captain Black pipe tobacco? It will add another layer of nostalgia.....scent is so important at this season.

Thank you for sharing that picture of the band. Ah, those were the days. Your vignette makes a good Christmas card, and your picture on the wall adds personal warmth to the scene. Those were the days.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here