Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Another pretty dining area...

lavender_lass
10 years ago

I saw this in Romantic Country magazine and just love it! Thought I'd share with everyone :)
{{gwi:1516576}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

Comments (9)

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

Oh that is pretty. I would like to have cushions like that for my chairs, or cushion covers, I can't quite tell what they are.

• wordie89
    10 years ago

Pretty! I was going to say that it looks like a magazine!

• wordie89
    10 years ago

• wordie89
    10 years ago

• User
    10 years ago

I like the shelf above the windows. I probably wouldn't do it - dust would live there and it would be hard for me to keep it clean in a few short years. I even bought a real step stool; not using the swivel chair any more.

Here is a link that might be useful: yellow kitchen

• NashvilleBuild42
    10 years ago

Lavender please don't take this offensively, but how does your husband feel about such a romantic room?

I can not imagine any of the men in my family feeling comfortable in this dining nook or a few of the kitchens you posted.

Obviously different strokes for different folks and I could see that being perfect in an English inspired cottage.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I just asked him (LOL) and he said it was fine for a kitchen, but he wouldn't want it in his men's town! We tend to divide up rooms and make them suit the person who uses them the most. Some rooms are more neutral, some more masculine and some a bit more 'girlie'.

The living room is also my office, so it's got a lot of green and wood, with some purple and a bit of pink, lavender and gold. Also some red, for Christmas!

The TV room is opposite and it's all brown and beige with lots of John Wayne pictures. We both love John Wayne (I know, but he was just so cool!) The kitchen is going to be repainted a soft, leaf green this spring (when I can open the windows) with bits of lavender and purple.

Men's town has Dale Earnhardt Sr. everywhere and some well-worn (comfy) recliners, the Xbox, football stuff, etc. On the other hand, our bedroom is....well, here's a picture I took of the drapes and one corner. {{!gwi}}From Home pictures

The bedspread is a dark blackberry fabric that's quilted and rather plushy...very pretty, but dark enough it doesn't feel too feminine. With all the green, a bit of cranberry, gold etc. it's a good compromise for us.

Probably more than you wanted to know (LOL) but you did ask :)

Also, here's our view outside, but I like to garden with a bit more whimsy. Black metal arches makes it feel a little more masculine than white, IMHO, but I do love roses... {{gwi:644027}}From Lavender's Garden
    {{gwi:640084}}From Lavender's Garden

• NashvilleBuild42
    10 years ago

Lavender- gorgeous land. The division of spaces makes sense. Thanks for giving a glimpse into your home.

On the other side I'm sure our dining room will feel too cluttered or masculine to many as we're thinking of built in mahogany or walnut bookshelves around the room. Like an old paneled gentlemen a study. We don't entertain formally very often, however we could use a large library space.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, I think a library space would be perfect! I like masculine rooms, too. It's fun for each room to be unique, but still work together. If money were no object, I'd have an English country house (with some french accents) and do some very masculine rooms and some more feminine. If the colors and the style match, why not? :)