Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maine_girl

What color is your house?

maine.girl
12 years ago

I'm about ready to pay the change order fee to change my TBB ranch color. I made an impulse decision of CertainTeed Herringbone which seems too light for what I was thinking. I have the worst buyers remorse!

Now I'm thinking Granite Gray or Sterling Gray, which was my way original thoughts before I impulsively chose something else.

What color is your small house?

Comments (12)

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

Well our house is a very pale yellow. What else would you paint "Canary Cottage" that flew down the highway to land on Canary Street but pale yellow?? We really did not have many color options since this is a manufactured home.

I have no idea what the colors are you are speaking of. Or your house style. Do you have a a picture or two? We love pictures.

• maine.girl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Let me scrounge up some pics! I google pictures all day and night so I should be able to get some good examples to show.

So far, I just have a link, I need to sign up for PhotoBucket so I can embed pictures, but this CertainTeed link has both HerringBone (1st one, 2nd row) and the Granite & Sterling Gray. (3rd one, 3rd row)

I am leaning Sterling Gray at this point.
    Home is a basic box, 28x44.

Here is a link that might be useful: CertainTeed

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

Shades- My mom's manufactured home is a cheeful light yellow, too! With the white trim...do you have the cement board siding? She loves her manufactured home!

Our house is white with dark green (almost a pine color) trim. We painted it to match the farmhouse, which is right next to us. When we remodel the farmhouse, we'll probably keep the same colors. It's a good look, for being out in the country, with the pine trees on the back hill :)

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

LL yes we do have the cement board as siding. I am not really looking forward to another paint job any time soon. If we do paint it my husband is leaning towards white house with BLACK trim. I am ok with that. We really enjoy a house in Weiser painted that way. But then I would miss my canary yellow even though I am not a real yellow fan.

We do have a white metal roof too.

I love the white house with pine green trim. Agree it is perfect country colors.

We also had a house once with Navajo White body and a pretty gray trim. Looked really nice.

• pekemom
    12 years ago

maine girl, looking at the link you posted I'd say ours is close to the "sandpiper" color, with navajo white trim.
    I can't remember what our color was called, the house was built in 2005.

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

Ours is close to the sandpiper color on your chart. I'm ready to paint too, just don't know what color. Something darker.

I like both your choices, but do think I like the darker gray better.

{{gwi:1363783}}

• yayagal
    12 years ago

Mine is SW artistic tan and the trim is very dark brown.

• shirley-z-8-tx
    12 years ago

{{!gwi}} I painted my house built in the 1920's terracotta trimmed in white. My neighbors at first thought it was the undercoat since most houses around here were the typical white or brick. I have since had many compliments.

• jakabedy
    12 years ago

Ours is a dark brown stain. the siding is rough board and batten. The brick foundation and one large carport wall, as well as all the beds are done in a buff/yellow brick. Our roof is a very low pitch with torch-down roofing and isn't visible from the ground, so we don't have a shingle color issue.

• 4cliffdwellers
    12 years ago

My little house is 1970's green aluminum siding. You know what, I LOVE the green. We're looking at new vinyl siding and I'm still looking at green, as close to this as I can get. Most of the big box home stores have dull, gray greens and I despise them. There is a store locally that has a darker, richer green that I want.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    12 years ago

My siding is painted in Glidden "high tea" with the porch, garage door and window trim in Laura Ashley "bleached wheat", the shutters a practically black dark green, and the front door and mailbox a dark muted red--can't remember the exact color name. It's been over ten years in this scheme and I still get compliments from the neighborhood. It is a 1942 colonial revival 2 story home.

• rj56
    12 years ago

My 70's ranch is white with khaki shutters and sage green door. I love the white cause I can change the other colors when the mood hits. Had a terra house across the street once and loved it. It added some interest to the neighborhood.

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert