Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

I finally got a pinterest invite. Problem though

TxMarti
12 years ago

You have to be a member of Facebook or Twitter. My real name is on facebook, and I don't want notices going onto my facebook page every time I pin something. Will that happen?

Comments (14)

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

No idea Marti. when I come up against some thing like this I just make a second FB account. I use my maiden name so it really is me but very few know and I do not have any friends on that account.

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good thing I have no life. I spent over an hour trying to figure out how to open a FB account with my blog name. Got that done. Went back to the invite email and clicked on the link, followed the rabbit trail until I came to a page that wanted me to put in my email and password. Since I hadn't done anything except click on links that took me through the invite, the join through FB, etc, I hadn't entered a pinterest password. So I put in my FB password and it wasn't recognized. Put in that I couldn't remember my password and it said it couldn't find an account with that email. Well, no, I haven't created a pinterest account yet! Argh!

• desertsteph
    12 years ago

boy, I'm not even going to any more sites! I don't get much done now...lol!

good luck on it - can you just make up another password?

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No, they want a specific one, I just don't know which one. There was a contact email address in the invite, so I emailed and asked.

• kirkhall
    12 years ago

Did you get this figured out?

• User
    12 years ago

Mercy, Marti, I had to change the name they were posting for me as well. I wiped out all the "friends" on FBook who were there because I played Farmville. I don't have time for all those requests for trees and spending time on someones farm. I have all I can do to keep my house and garden together....not to mention body and soul.

Hope you got it solved by now, it is almost the end of Advent. We had another frost this morning, very cold for us.
    But not bad like last winter.

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No, I never figured it out. It says the instructions were easy, so I must be really stupid.

• kirkhall
    12 years ago

Would you like a new invite? (email me through GW and include the email you want the invite to go to--maybe your new FB account one).

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

Marti I am no help. Some how I did get in because I do have a face book account. NOW I do not know how to use it. I have pinned a few things I saw on the web. Just not sure how to get back to them. LOL

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ok, Kirkhall, I'll do that. I need to run right now though.

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I got your invite, and figured out what the problem was. There is a page that pops up that says they will post to Facebook or Twitter as me and I clicked the "Don't allow" button, and that's when it took me around in circles. When I clicked "Allow", it let me go to the registration page. However, now I'm stuck on a page with a 502 error that says Pinterest is experiencing a hiccop, with an option to try again, which just goes back to the registration and hiccop page. So I'll try again later.

• kirkhall
    12 years ago

Sorry! Yes, they are "new" and so hopefully they get it figured out.

I don't post all my posts to FB either, so I know it is possible!

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good thing I opened a new FB account for this. I would NOT want all this stuff going to my real name FB.

• kirkhall
    12 years ago

You can limit the number of notifications send to your email account. You can also have it not post anything on Facebook (I never do).

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County