Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas unfinished

Posted by MushCreek (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 7:14

As a tongue-in-cheek response to phoggie's beautiful Christmas tour, I offer our Christmas in our unfinished home. We hosted 9 people (in the basement) for Thanksgiving, and had friends from church visit for Christmas brunch. It pays to have flexible, understanding friends and family!

photo 009-2.jpg

photo 005-6.jpg

photo 003-1.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas unfinished

That made me smile Jay. I remember our first Christmas in our closed in family room. It didn't look quite as cozy as your room though. I love your mantle and stockings.

o

The wreath! Who thought of that! Love it. and the mantle, too. I could steal both of those ideas.

o

They had a wreath like that at a local Home Depot. I already had some 4" elbows. I think it's actually kinda cool.

I used to build all of the sets for a local community theatre. Many plays called for a fireplace, and I had several of them, depending on the look we were going for. With a little fake brick, they can look pretty convincing. I always though it would be fun to have a faux mantel that you could just set up for Christmas, and put away after the holidays. Not all small homes have room for a real fireplace.

o

Really fun and inventive Jay. Even made Joe smile and he is so anti Christmas. I loved the mantel. And look how far you have come in your house. You are amazing. Congratulations. Hoping 2014 brings you and your wife much happiness at your new house.

o

Jay, thanks for the glimpse, love your sense of humor! What a nice big window in a walk-out basement. I wish we had a walk out, flat city lots don't lend themselves to them, though. Here is to a great year in the new home!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here