Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Shades.....your porch

User
12 years ago

Shades of Idaho, take a look at this shot of what looks like your porch.

{{!gwi}}

Source: houzz.com via Stacy on Pinterest

Comments (6)

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

As time goes by, the Pinterest hits are looking full of interest, and many are coming through HOUZZ. Here is one which reminds me of the white kitchen I liked, with its open shelving across the windows. I've done that before myself, but with glass stemware which cut out NO light. But see what they've done here, over the counter top but not over the range.

{{!gwi}}

Source: [houzz.com[(https://www.houzz.com/magazine/houzz-tour-historic-home-in-austin-texas-stsetivw-vs~287589) via Stacy on Pinterest

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yeah, I just took a look at that, and it must be the kind of vent fan we have in our bathroom. Not much of a vent for a high smoke area like cooking on the gas range. Plus it is plastic. But is that a RED AGA STOVE? If so, what the hey do they do to vent all that cooking heat? Raise the window?
    hmmmmm, I know it is an old kitchen adapted to modern uses, love the floors, the walls, the ceiling, the appliances, and the cabinet fronts, what little there are of them.
    And look at the peaked area with the green triangular shelving open cap. With the cups above, the plates beneath on a plate rack. Hanging, I do declare. This little kitchen has a lot going on. :)

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

Dang that porch is to die for. At first I thought it was a picture of Mama-Goose's porch. So pretty.

We have a glider that could work for the white bench. The one end has the round table and chairs and we will never get rid of them. They are just too comfortable.

My only regret on this porch is it is only 8 foot deep. 10 foot would have made such a HUGE difference. So any one building a new porch do not do 8 foot. It is just too narrow to do really fun things.

Tried to count the boards on the deck and it looks like 24. If they are two by sixes then this deck is about 12 foot deep. Wonderful!!!!

I am happy with the last re-arrange of the porch for accommodating us and the kitties. Yesterday I brought up the glass doors that did not fit in the house as french doors and laid them down along the porch railing to block some of the wind and winter snow.

Great picture ML. I am saving it to my inspiration folder.

What a fun kitchen. ML. If I can get myself up from here and grout my glass project on the Hoosier I can do pictures later tonight. Hahahaha that is a BIG IF.

• desertsteph
    12 years ago

are those kitchen cabs deeper than 24"? could they have one of those slide up vents behind the stove?

maybe they don't really cook much? just inherited the stove?

that is a wide porch!

what 'fun' things do you wanna do on the porch Shades - that requires more room? lol!

snow? yikes!

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

LOL Steph. I guess the kitties have pretty much taken over the porch. Fun things in decorating if I did not have to decorate around the kitties. Feed barrels for dogs and kitties and the garbage can and extra kennels for winter and THEN maybe there is a little room for the table and glider and table for cooking and little stove.

But the kitties are so dang fun. Follow me around the yards like a wave of fur and tails.

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

I totally agree Shades. When we put on our deck in the back, dh wanted to do 8 feet and I insisted on 12. 8 feet just isn't enough for a table and chairs.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations