Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
writersblock_gw

A very charming little house

One of the things that has always kind of bugged me about the tiny house movement is that most of the ones I see have all the appeal of a dorm room, but here's an absolutely delightful 755sf Tumbleweed house. So pleased to see people starting to go with the idea that if it's small you can afford to make everything top notch.

Here is a link that might be useful: Arkansas tiny house

Comments (12)

• dekeoboe
    11 years ago

I don't consider this house a true tiny house because it is too large to be pulled on the road. It's a lot easier to make it more appealing when you have 755 sf rather than the tinier size of one that can be transported.

• shadygrove
    11 years ago

But it is indeed a very charming little house.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just out of curiosity, dekeoboe, do you also consider a house fails to qualify if it's small enough but built on a foundation so it can't move?

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

"I believe in living with what you actually need, not what people think you should have."-owner

Agree !!!
    thanks for posting Writersblock

The Not So Big House also focuses on the top quality finishes and storage that make small homes so appealing.
    Love the fact that the house you linked to can be cleaned in an hour.

• dekeoboe
    11 years ago

Just out of curiosity, dekeoboe, do you also consider a house fails to qualify if it's small enough but built on a foundation so it can't move? Yes, I do. Because one of the reasons they are built on wheels is so they don't have to comply with house building codes and zoning laws.

• flgargoyle
    11 years ago

That's true- in a lot of areas, a true tiny house wouldn't meet code. They have anti-shack laws that require a minimum square footage. I wonder what the definition of a 'tiny house' is in square footage? Our first house was only slightly larger than that one, but I wouldn't call it tiny. In a lot of places in the world, 755 sq ft would be considered luxurious.

It is nice to see an attractive small house that looks normal and livable. That one is very well done.

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

I'm sure as things get considerably worse those ant-shack laws will change also.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

>Because one of the reasons they are built on wheels is so they don't have to comply with house building codes and zoning laws.

Actually, I was thinking of a couple of Fencls I've seen in rural areas in the mountains where there is no zoning, so they just built them, no need to hassle with a trailer. Interesting that a 130sf house wouldn't be considered tiny.

• yayagal
    11 years ago

Utterly charming.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Cute house, but that sleeping loft without a railing looks to me like an accident waiting to happen...hope they don't sleep walk!!!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi, Annie. I read her blog and nobody sleeps there except for naps on rainy afternoons. She has the ground floor bedroom and her boyfriend is on a night shift, so they converted the little closed loft at the front into a sleeping cubby for him so he can have it dark and silent during the day. It would give me the heebie jeebies to be that closed in, but I guess it works for them.

Here is a link that might be useful: sleeping cubby

• jannie
    11 years ago

Beautiful. Did you notice all the walls are white/ Very clean and open,really sets the stage for displaying the owner's belongings!

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County