Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
euglossa

dumpster arriving today

euglossa
13 years ago

After a few days of a dusting of snow on the ground the weather has cleared for a chilly but sunny weekend.

A 30 yard dumpster will arrive later today. Tomorrow is the house razing party. I'll start a batch of chili in the crockpot in the morning, then go to the Alternative Gift market to work..the timing could have been better.. most of my demo crew will also be volunteering at the market until 2.

Then we'll adjourn to my house and take down the carport and tear out the wallboard, subfloor and what remains of the ceiling in the back room. If the asbestos test on the siding comes back clean we can also start removing that.

We'll leave the back room up until the windows arrive. The builder wants to tear it down one day and rebuild the next to avoid too much heat loss out the back of the house.

I will have to have a new electrical panel, $igh, but that was pretty much a given. The back room foundation is still in question. I'm torn, if it doesn't pass it's more money, but I'll get more space. John said the inspector ok'd the shed dormer... I'll have to ask him if he meant shed dormer or the smaller doghouse dormer we discussed.

It still really didn't feel real until I got the news of the dumpster arrival. Now I've got butterflies in my stomach.

I really have to get the before pictures this afternoon.

Comments (6)

Sponsored