Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

Loretta

TxMarti
13 years ago

I just got an email with no subject from you. Didn't open it because I thought you might have a virus. Did you send something?

Comments (6)

• User
    13 years ago

Marti, that is a good thing to tell her about it.
    My SonInLaw (from his email account) sent out two emails
    with NO SUBJECT, and only a URL to a strange website, and I called him. He said he had not sent it. Not usual for someone to send an email with such characteristics.

If you get anything from me that way, be sure to let ME know too. I think it is a trend these days.

My computer guru said there is a virus now which is coming through the search engines. No end to it.

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I got a virus last week from just reading a post on a forum (not here) and it shut me down. Had to take my laptop to the computer repair shop. Cha-ching.

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

My Mom has some one sending out the same from her Yahoo account. I know it is not her and sadly can not open her emails any more. I told her if she is sending to me to be sure to write in subject link her maiden name and then I know it is from her.

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Chris, that sounds like it could be a virus, not someone sending from her email account.

• idie2live
    13 years ago

Hi Marti,
    No I did not send you an email. I do remember seeing several emails from a couple of people on this forum. Since the subject was unfamiliar, I deleted them without reading them. As far as I know I do not have a virus, but anything is possible. I'll have my son check it out for me.

• User
    13 years ago

I had to take my computer to the "clinic" last week also. I am still having difficulty reloading my favorite software for editing photos. The techies said there was a virus going around these days which emanated from searches you run.

I put some new watchdog antivirus stuff on here to get a different handle of the problem. But so far, I feel like a stranger on my own computer.

If I send anyone a personal email, I will put my name in the subject line and a personal note in the text. I do not open unsolicited mail.