Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SOURCES for used furniture, lighting etc etc.

Posted by EATREALFOOD (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 23, 11 at 11:13

Hi All,
I have a few sources for various items that you might need for your renovation. Just b/c you live in a small house does not mean your thinking is small, we all like nice things. In fact if your bills are smaller b/c of the house(which is why I stayed where I am for so long) you can spend on other things and not worry too much w/o a BIG mortgage, utility bill, taxes, or maint. costs hanging over your head...ever wonder if all those enormous houses have furniture ?? HA !!! No Many do not. Read the book HOUSE LUST.
But I digress..

betel.org
check out a location near you, they are worldwide. I bought a wood dining room set(w/ built in leaf) and 4 chairs$350, assorted old wooden chairs$20-$45, milk glass, mirror$125, vintage clock$20 oh and a German barometer$10. I also bought vintage glass light globes. Does anyone know where I can get mounting hardware to either flush mount or hang from ceiling ?

demolitiondepot.com
They ship nationwide. I bought my porcelain "Standard" cross handles mounted on shelf, wall mount sink(a few chips) for $500 and 18D, 25W 52"L castiron tub for $500. I did a lot of shopping around and for the cost of a good quality vanity this sink is a dream for my tiny bathroom. Also, manufacturers are not making these tubs in these sizes(what used to be standard) You can see underneath so the sink my husband can clean there, the tub I had to tile in w/ a marble remnant on top, it's too tight to clean there, so no clawfeet :(.

I'm sure someone has mentioned
Habitat's RESTORE also

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SOURCES for used furniture, lighting etc etc.

Fun link on the second one. Shopped way too long. Only got through part of the mirrors. My weakness.

o

Go bake those pies , NOW or you will be tired tomorrow !!!

o

I just realized that although Betel has shops worldwide they only have shops in the US in NY(at least that's what it looks like when I search) under "Betel of America stores/Nook and Crannie, if you are in this area...

o

UGH Pies just got done and YES I am going to be tired tomorrow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here