Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toys: where do you store them?

Posted by siobhanny5 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 6, 06 at 10:30

My kids have small bedrooms and the basement's unfinished, so the toys creep to my small family room (a little sun room by the front door), and the other toys follow from there. Has anyone hit upon an attratcive way to store toys in a main living area? I was thinking of looking into smaller chests or trunks, but of course they must be safe (i.e. no heavy lids) for the kids...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toys: where do you store them?

I don't have a dedicated playroom, either. So I converted a closet on my first floor by taking out the clothes rod and putting in a system with pull-out bins and shelving for toys. I'm pretty aggressive about weeding through the toys on a regular basis--even so, I still have overflow from the "toy closet." I bought a couple of big, attractive wicker baskets (the type you would store logs in by a fireplace) to handle the overflow. That way I can lug them around and just toss toys in when I'm tidying up at night.

o
RE: Toys: where do you store them?

Wicker trunks work great and they're not heavy enough to hurt little fingers. We've also used those cube-style ottomans with fully removable lids. If you're in the market for new living room tables, you can find coffee tables and end tables with shelves underneath that fit wicker baskets as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here