Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whitemur

Nice over the toilet storage?

whitemur
17 years ago

I've never really seen one I like. Does such a creature exist?

Comments (9)

• merry_ann
    17 years ago

I remember seeing one freestanding unit recently in a mail order catalog that I thought was pretty nice. It was perhaps Restoration Hardware, but could have been in one of many others- I'll check through them if you like. I agree that a lot of what is out there is just plain awful. Is this your only reasonable option for storage? What would you like to keep there? What style is the rest of your house? I have seen simple wall mount book-shelves 2 or 3 high, and also those small cubby's like for entryways and offices (the ones they use for mail but you keep your towels rolled up in them instead) used in bathrooms lately. I purchased a "train rack" from restoration hardware for my tiny 1/2 bath It is nice looking and holds towels. I mounted it over the loo.

• susanlynn2012
    17 years ago

Whitemur, 12 Years ago I purchase a little faux wicker cabinet for over my toilet in a small powder room I had in my last apartment. When I moved into my townhouse 9 years ago, I brought my cabinet with me and I love it since it is great storage and looks nice in the bathroom. I will take pictures for you tomorrow if you wish.

• susanka
    17 years ago

We did four wall-mounted shelves just about the width of the toilet with decent-looking brackets. The toilet was in a little room by itself, so the shelves weren't prominent. I put nicely-folded towels and scattered seashells on the shelves, and it looked pretty nice.

• lyfia
    17 years ago

I don't know if it is nice, but nicer than most and holds a lot. I put an IKEA glass door kitchen cabinet above mine. The one that has the mullions on it. I was going to etch the glass to frosted, but haven't gotten around to it and put some molding on top.

• maggiemuffin360
    17 years ago

Not exactly storage for over the toilet, but we wanted something to fill the space.........

Margaret

• frenchkitty
    17 years ago

I found the one in my MB at Hobby Lobby, really well made. Although I haven't decorated in there yet. We keep extra paper and sprays and candles (we never need them though...RIGHT!)

{{!gwi}}

• susanlynn2012
    17 years ago

I still must take pics of my bathroom to show you the wicker storage cabinet over the toilet. The room was painted Deep Cream with white trim. I still have to put a picture up and decide if I should keep the color or change it or what I can do to add some color to the room now that it is painted. It was just an off-white color. I guess I thought the deep cream would be a little darker. Maybe I just need a pretty picture.

• susanlynn2012
    17 years ago

Here is some wicker storage options for over the toilet. I still like mine the best but these are very nice also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wicker Storage for over the Toilet

• jay54
    15 years ago

Here's some other options for over the toilet storage that look pretty nice.

Here is a link that might be useful: over toilet storage cabinets