Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frank Lloyd Wright Usonian home for sale

Posted by jakabedy (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 27, 11 at 9:33

I know that at 2,6xx square feet it's a bit large for our standards. But the whole renewed focus on the "not so big house" really is embodied in Wright's Usonian designs. This one is even more special because it was designed to be 100% wheelchair accessible. In 1948. So, there you go! Universal compact design, old-school style!

Here is a link that might be useful: Frank Lloyd Wright Usonian home

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frank Lloyd Wright Usonian home for sale

FLW is one of the icons of architecture, and I love his work. On our trip south, we passed a road sign for FALLINGWATER, one of the loveliest homes I've ever seen. He had a way of designing everything in the place to make it perfect.

Thanks for bringing this one to the forum. Many things about his designs can become part of our plans for remodeling and we'll wind up with a home which functions better.

o
RE: Frank Lloyd Wright Usonian home for sale

LOVE THE WINDOWS. You feel like you are sitting outdoors. Going to bug my sweetheart for windows like that...in future.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here