Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eatrealfood

what do you think of this fridge?

EATREALFOOD
12 years ago

I posted this on Kitchen forum also.

I think it's ugly but will appeal to people who must have the latest and greatest.

I'd rather just build a root cellar halfway in the ground if I need to use less electric for the fridge...and make cheese/sour fermented foods to preserve milk and vegetables. Hey that's an old idea that's new again. LOL

What color "gel" would go w/ your decor ?

Here is a link that might be useful: here's link

Comments (14)

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

Weird. I do like the green gel. LOL I do not think I could get behind this kind f fridge. Might be kind of hard to store the left over gravy.

• EATREALFOOD
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You like the green gel b/c it brings out the child in you...we are always drawn toward squishy, ie:playdough, silly putty. I would probably just keep on putting things in and pulling them out for that reason...for the squish feel/sound ! LOL

• jakabedy
    12 years ago

I like the green gel! Heck, I'm all for innovation. And this is definitely interesting. But I'm wondering how it responds to cat and dog hair . . .

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

ROFLOL Chris!!!!

I'm too OCD for a fridge like that. It looks cool though and I bet we start seeing them on futuristic tv shows.

• katrina_ellen
    12 years ago

I would be afraid they would come out years later and say that the gel was causing cancer or something - I don't trust new things until they have been around a while. Interesting idea though.

• EATREALFOOD
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey if your husband loses his temper could you suspend him in it 'til he "cools down". That's THE MARKETING idea, I'm going to sell the rights and then I can get a new gas range...remember you heard it here first.

• User
    12 years ago

I like the idea, but I know that my Otterbox cover for my smartphone is sort of gel-like, and they do pick up stuff, like dog hairs, or cookie crumbs for that matter.

However, while I was at that site, I noticed that it featured 7 award winning green buildings designed in the Middle East. It made me think about the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. Which were a perfect environment to make that climate like paradise.
    So yeah, it is about time that we all go back to our roots.

I remember when my grandma had no electricity, and before any meal, I had to walk down to the spring and retrieve the milk and the butter. And there was a root cellar which was also a storm shelter from tornados, and that was sometimes used too. We did not have basements.

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

"Hey if your husband loses his temper could you suspend him in it 'til he "cools down". " By Eatrealfood

Hahahaha good one.

YUCK on the animal hair. Having just cleaned under the inside bottom of our fridge the other day I can imagine how nasty this gel could get in our house. LOL Too many animals too much dust even in winter. Still it is kind of cool stuff.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    12 years ago

Looks as if it would be fun to play in. When my kids were little I'd let them play with jello jigglers in the bathwater--that looks a lot like lime flavor. If any amount of gel could be pulled out, we'd be in trouble.

Here's what happened recently when no one was paying attention, for about 2 seconds:

Seriously, I can't imagine using a fridge like that--but 50 years ago who could have imagined the internet?

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    12 years ago

OMG, I just had an image of older kids and teenagers using the thing for target practice, kind of like corn hole/bean bag games!

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

LOL Whatever is that your grand son has out? Mama-goose

YEARS ago my friend would entertain her daughters and friends with cornstarch and water. Mix just enough water into it to make it gooey. It was fun to smoosh your fingers in it. Rolling eyes. YES I enjoyed it too for some odd reason I am not sure if. Used to be a cheep fun play item. Made a huge mess bu was easy to wash off. A good outside summer fun time.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    12 years ago

shades, that is his 'moon dough' which he was allowed to have--on a placemat--but where's the fun in that? I regret not taking a pic of the bathroom, the day he decided to do wall-to-wall baby powder. I just laugh and let his mother clean it up!

I remember the corn starch, and 'slime' made with white glue and borax. And also homemade playdough using flour and powdered alum.

I posted above about kids using that fridge for target practice, but I keep imagining them standing way back and lobbing apples at it!

• pekemom
    12 years ago

It's too new to have all the flaws figured out yet..

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

LOL Mama_goose. My DH's sister waxed her parents floor one time with butter. She did not know it was not the right thing to do.