Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Internet due monday !

Posted by EATREALFOOD (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 16, 12 at 22:41

Shades I will have absolutely no excuse not to post photos (as long as all goes well, um like they show up).
I'm not sure why but they need to check the phone jack as I'm not wired for DSL. I'm calling tomorrow to confirm that there is no install charge. It took 4 phone calls to get all the info I needed, boy do I miss ma bell.
I'm going to plug in my new rotary phone(yes I bought it for me b/c I love them, I kept the touch tone for international calls) and see if I get a comment...:)
I need to plug in a filter so I can use the computer plugged in w/o interfering with the phone line. Apparently DSL allows you plug in or wireless now so it paid for me to wait to get the connection. Since it's getting colder now I don't want my DH to have to sit outside on a bench or go to the library after work. I didn't mind going to the library though because I always picked up a few cookbooks at the same time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Internet due monday !

OH yippieeee So glad you are finally able to get DSL. We are on a newer line from the phone company. They had to do another hole in the floor for it. A separate line and all. The speed is really fast. Both of us on laptops at the same time and there is no bog down. I do not remember the #s for speed. It is good enough.

I noticed the other night when checking my internet connection I am picking up the signal from our new neighbor. We are not on DSL. It is a wireless set up within the house. So we are getting her signal on the router. Guess it is time to pass word protect my signal.

The DSL filters are cheep. A couple of dollars unless your company has some thing really different.

o

Shades, I was sent a plug in splitter which divides the jack in two. I'm just hoping that the cost won't escalate rapidly(the taxes, surcharges and misc. fees are always so high. My phone calls cost $12 but the fees etc. are $30+.

o

ERF We have the same here. Internet is some thing like $24.00 but I end up paying $36. I feel that is false advertising. At least they should put down the cost of the taxes and other charges up front. Hoping the best for you. We rarely do anything as far as entertainment so we consider the internet and TV our entertainment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here