Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
myrealnameismama_goose

Not in my budget, but...

This is just the neatest thing! My budget leans more toward those white particle-board cubes that come in different sizes, but if money were no object...

Here is a link that might be useful: Stacking cabinet pieces.

Comments (5)

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

Those are neat! I'm with you, if money were no object, those would be in my house.

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

WOW Those are fantastic. Too bad they are so expensive. I would love them. Wonder if there is a way to re-create these for less. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'd imagine that anyone with some wood-working ability could make interchangeable pieces--they seem to have simple lines. You'd have to determine your dimensions, and work in multiples of those dimensions, so that everything would fit. And, choose more economical species of wood, or plywood.

I read elsewhere on the site that their designs have won awards--that probably accounts for some of the overhead. They also do custom work--I don't even want to see those prices.

If one could make these more affordable wouldn't they be great for a kid's room? Or, any room where you just want to change things around?

• prairie-girl
    13 years ago

O those are gorgeous! What a great idea, although for those prices, you could almost have something custom made, I'd think.

• User
    13 years ago

Mama, that is the idea behind the Japanese TANSU chests. They use them as real steps in their homes. And that is the concept that I was suggesting to the Florida Cracker house design for Sandy. Just build them to fit under your stairs, and they would be useful in the kitchen or the family room either way.

The nice thing about them being STACKABLE is that you can reconfigure them if you move a lot. Just think about a military family, unclip their chests, leave everything in the drawers, and when you get to your new location, assemble everything again. No unpacking!!!!

Modular things are wonderful. This source has it on the pricey side, but at some of the unfinished furniture stores you can buy modular things with/without doors/shelves/backs, and it would be the same thing for a cheaper cost.

Thanks for bringing this thread to life. It can be the source of great inspiration to a lot of folks.

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington