Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (8)

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

That's a cute house.

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

Geeze, I wasted all afternoon watching this! lol Not really wasted but you know what I mean - I should have been outside moving all that wood that was cut up from the downed apple tree limbs. Have to admit tho that I FF'd through many of the 3:24min. or less (sometimes 4:25min) episodes. I did notice where there was an option to watch "full episodes" but chose not to.

Anyway, finally made it to the 150th.episode showing the finished cottage; but couldn't find one with the decorating done, i.e. furnishings, ect. Is there one? Did anyone else get the feeling that his brother and sister-in-law might not be a good match for this house? ha As one commenter mentioned, I wonder if his brother put the big flat screen TV over the fireplace after all.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    10 years ago

it's really interesting, but odd in some ways. I'm only about a third of the way through, but $7 sf material cost for laminate flooring? I have friends who just bought super nice laminate very similar to his sample for $1.83 and it wasn't the cheapest they found.

And I can't understand at all how it's cheaper to have a master builder cut up all the scrap lumber into beveled subway tiles and install them than to do drywall. Very strange, unless the builder gave him a flat fee for anything he might decide to do.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    10 years ago

but couldn't find one with the decorating done, i.e. furnishings, ect. Is there one?

If you go to youtube and search for GHC in-depth, there are several longer videos with the reveal. I have to say it looks fantastic decorated.

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

Thank you! Bookmarked to watch later.

• young-gardener
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yeah, I found it odd and impressive all at once that they were able to do so many unusual/detailed things on a small budget.

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

Well, looks like brother didn't get the flat screen TV over the fireplace. Instead he got pitchforks and ????. lol I don't think the decorating style lends itself to comfy cottage living, do you? Or maybe it looked like a magazine shoot because it was being filmed.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    10 years ago

Well, I'm pretty sure about 2/3 of the stuff went back out with the photo crew. On the other hand, if you look around at the videos of the rest of the property, Brother and SIL should be pretty used to living in uncomfortably tchotchke accommodations. :)

My favorite moment was when she said, "But I'm allergic to burlap!"