Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

Mamabear, I have been thinking of you the last few days

TxMarti
12 years ago

Thinking you are just awesome. The projects I've been doing, and really nothing major, have just about wiped me out. And to think you do everything, all the time. You are such an inspiration to me.

Comments (4)

• User
    12 years ago

Marti, did you mean Mama_Goose?
    She has been absent of late.
    Hope all is going well as she finishes up her kitchen.

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

Mama Goose has been really busy, working on her kitchen. She said so, when she made a quick comment on an Old House post, last week.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    12 years ago

Hi, marti8a, moccasin, and lavender! I have been busy with the kitchen, and with yard work. It's raining today, so I'm taking a break.

Marti, thank you for all the encouragement--sometimes I feel very alone, but I've had help with the major biggies--opening kitchen wall, building new header, and lately my brother has been cutting countertop. I have the slab's rough edges sanded and buffed, but I can't move the bigger pieces without help.

My BIL has helped, mostly with the hood, and my son dropped in recently, and helped me move sheet rock (5/8") upstairs for the guest room project. He's living 2 1/2 hours away, now--so much better than 2 1/2 day trip!

I think I commented on lavender's old house post that the sink wall has been the most difficult part of the kitchen remodel so far. I knew it would be, but I'm thankful to have the small sink around the corner to do dishes. Since it's taking so much longer than I expected to get everything ready to hook up the new sink, I gave in and cooked dinner twice this week. My daughter even gave me a (very quiet) "Thanks, Mom," both times--I think she's figured out that meals don't magically appear on the counter. (Remember the Jetson's?)

This is a difficult time of year for me (for moccasinlanding, too, I know), and I appreciate your kind thoughts.

mama_goose
    who lately has been feeling like a bear :)

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm sorry. I always think mama bear, like in the 3 bears when I type anything to you. I usually catch it.

Still, even with help, you're on your own with so much of your remodel. I know this is a tough time for you too. (((Mama Goose)))

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH