Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If you were searching for a bench/settee/loveseat like this

Posted by marti8a (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 26, 09 at 18:03

This is Chris' inspiration picture she posted on another thread. I have been searching CL for weeks looking for something similar, but I think my search terms aren't good.

With loveseat, I come up with mainly upholstered pieces. With settee I come up with camel back loveseats, and with bench I come up with garden benches.

How would you search?

Here is a link that might be useful: Chris' inspiration picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If you were searching for a bench/settee/loveseat like this

I tried wicker to the mix and got two in our area.
http://boise.craigslist.org/fuo/1395457607.html

http://boise.craigslist.org/fuo/1398777240.html

I was thinking patio furniture. I believe my couch is considered Rattan. Not positive on that.

I also bought a love seat for the living room when we got rid of the couch and I had to go through pages of CL adds. Finally had to get a new one.

Chris

o

Thanks Chris. I had found a couple like the wicker one. The problem will be finding one with a seat high enough for a table.

o

My little couch had two foam cushions. One for the seat one for the back. Since they were the same size I laid them on on top of the other with that rubber non slip shelf liner between them. Then I made a third cushion for the back. This is how I got it high enough.

Chris

o

Marti8a, what that is in your inspiration picture is a settee. Unfortunately people who post in Cl often do not know the names for the things they list, so using "settee" may not bring up all the settees listed. You are probably just going to have to sort through things listed under "bench" and "loveseat" to find your settee.

Believe it or not, on CL one must search for "Chip and Dale" chairs and things that have been "rose mauled". You'd be surprised how many listings for "coach" there are along with every variation imaginable for "amoire".

o

Marti8a, what about Deacon's Benches? These type of benches are not comfortable for everyday sitting, but if you are only going to use it for dinner/supper it may be fine.
Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Deacon's Bench

o

I like that Loretta! It's really what I had in mind.

DillyDally, I've been searching for every mis-spelling I can think of too. I did find a couple similar to the one Loretta posted, but they were under dealer and I usually search by owner. I've learned to search under loveseat, love seat, luvseat, etc. lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here