Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
idie2live

New Fridge will be here tomorrow

idie2live
14 years ago

You all may recall that I said my fridge had to be replaced. Well, the delivery man called and said it will be here tomorrow! It's been a long time since I've been this excited about an appliance, lol It's going to be sitting out from the wall for a while because it's too tall to fit under the cabinet. That means I will definitely have to do somethiong to the kitchen.

I pulled the old one out to start cleaning it out and yikes! The side that was up against the cabinet was filthy! I have to clean the inside and outside (just in case the delivery man is local). I wouldn't want him to think I'm a slob, lol I'll post a pic when it's here.

Loretta

Comments (6)

• Shades_of_idaho
    14 years ago

OH Loretta, That is exciting. The people that bought our house awhile back had to trim off the bottom of the cupboard to get their fridge in place too. It was not much that needed to be trimmed.

I do understand your excitement. I had the same the other day when the glass stove front finally came in for our new to us stove. So glad to have a glass top stove again. And the cleaning part. Well my dirty stove is sitting on the front porch with a dribble down one side. I NEED to do something about that soon but I am working HARD this week.

So happy for you. Hope your delivery goes well. Could you put it in the wall where there were no top cabinets just for now and move one of the base cabinets into the fridge spot?

Chris

• idie2live
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Turns out the rear of fridge is only 69" tall so it will fit under the cabinet! It is a little more fancy than I need but I got such a great deal. Now if I could only replace the D/W all of the appliances will match. But it still runs good, so I'll keep it, of course.
    {{!gwi}}

Chris, since you live in a small town, you definitely have to spruce up your old stove before you give it away, lol
    What do you use to clean baked on 'gunk' on the burners? I know they say not to use a razor to scrape the glass, but it seems to be the only thing that works, and even that is not working very well on the oven glass.
    Loretta (who keeps opening the fridge door to look in)

• Shades_of_idaho
    14 years ago

OH That is one lovely fridge. I would keep opening the door too. You can buy fronts for dishwashers to make them look stainless. Or there is a paper like stuff that peel and sticks but is washable for dishwashers. I have seen them on HGTV shows.

I DO use a razor blade and it was in my other stove instructions to do so. This one dies not have the book so I got it online to look at. Then I use Barkeepers friend for Stoves to polish it up. Or there is a special glass top cleaner for that. It leaves a nice slick film on it that makes cleaning it up easier. Like polishing silver with a good polish. Dish soap is bad to clean them I know that. Takes that finish off and then food sticks worse. I am so happy with this stove. So glad to have glass top again.
    \ Chris

• TxMarti
    14 years ago

Loretta, I love your fridge. I'd be opening it too.

I've got a glasstop stove too. How do you use the razor blade without scratching the glass? I've got a burned place on mine I can't clean with the regular glasstop cleaner.

• Shades_of_idaho
    14 years ago

My razor blade is in one of those holders where the blade retracts back into the holder. I hold it at an angle flat to the glass. Like scraping paint off a window. You do not have to push too hard and be sure to use a new blade. That is important. Has to be perfectly sharp.

• idie2live
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well now, don't I feel like an idiot? I changed the blade and 'voila'! The oven door glass looks so much better. I think I'll get some Barkeepers to polish the top.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor