Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Need help with fence for my kitchen garden :)

lavender_lass
13 years ago

Here's a picture of my kitchen garden

{{gwi:25285}}

It needs a little work, but it's really starting to come together. I have to add some little beds (potager style) around the middle arches, with the birbath in the middle. The front bed has to have the grass dug out next spring, and I'm still catching up on my weeding! LOL

The perimeter bed is pretty deep (about 6') because it's really two beds. The inside is for veggies and flowers, while the outside has blueberries, strawberries and perennial flowers, with a few small shrubs.

I want to put a fence all along the perimeter bed, diving the two areas. This is more to keep the deer from "munching through" the garden, than anything else. I'm asking all of you, because you're so creative and I need something inexpensive, but nice.

I've been thinking about wire or lattice, with maybe a few strings of wire above. Again, it won't keep the deer out of the garden, but will give me an area to put things against, then I can "defend" them with flowers and herbs. I love my deer, but they do make life challenging!

Anyway, I'd appreciate your ideas and any pictures of your fall garden, if you'd like to share them. Thanks again :)

Comments (4)