Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am looking ....and hope you have....

Posted by phoggie (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 12, 10 at 12:38

I am looking for a house plan approximately 1800+ SF that is all on one level (no steps)...view to the back....3 bedrooms....lots of storage...2-3 car garage. If you have a house like this, would you mind sharing the floor plan? We are downsizing from 4090 SF...retired empty nesters...and don't need all of that space to heat, cool, and pay taxes!
THANK YOU!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am looking ....and hope you have....

Have you looked at the floor plans on the Southern Living website? They have several pretty plans that are small.

o

I had trouble finding house plans for a rear view- until I started looking for waterfront homes. They tend to be set up for a rear view. Good luck!

o

How big is your lot? Is it in the city?

We had a house which was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, and it fits what you are describing pretty well. Three BR, 2.5 bath, nice sized LR, DR, kitchen, and the screened porch had been enclosed as a 4 season sunroom on the back. It was on a slab, and was not high up enough to survive the hurricane surge. The house was old brick, and it was one room deep. I think every room in the house had a river view. And lots of closets too. We have no plans for the house, I think most blueprints were destroyed in the storm. But I could draw out the floorplan and give you a couple of photos of how it looked. There was a wood burning fireplace, and a wall of bookcases open and with doors. The baths were not large, but were well located.

Let me know if you want a floor plan. I could do one next week some time.

o

That reminds me, one of my favorite architects has a collection of lake houses. Look under "from the drawing board," and you will see the lake houses icon.

Here is a link that might be useful: lake houses

o

moccasinlanding~~

I would LOVE to see your plan...sounds like something I might be looking for. Thanks for doing this for me...I appreciate all of the ones I can get, so hope you all keep them coming :-)

young-gardener...thanks for the suggestions...I'll be looking at them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here