Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gayle...Thanks

Posted by emagineer (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 2, 08 at 8:55

Gayle,

Your blog is fun and so well done. I loved seeing your house as I'm living in a ranch too. Our kitchen and bath are close to the same layout. Typical of the era and I recall many posts both here and elsewhere asking for ideas on our layouts.

The blackboard idea has been located in both my kitchen and bath. In my last home I hated the black fridge and bought one large enough to cover the front, then framed it in a chrome framing kit. Used Scrabble board tile holders for the chalk and eraser. Kids and adults seem to enjoy leaving funny messages and drawing pics. I always hate erasing their creations, just leave them alone until someone becomes creative again and changes whatever was there.

You had quite an adventure getting into your home. It is wonderful, especially the enclosed back porch. And the surroundings too.

Applauds for posting pics...from someone who is still shy in doing so. I posted some comments on your blog.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gayle...Thanks

Well, thank you so much for the nice comments! Maybe I'll clean up my house and take some more pics this weekend.

I'd really love to see your chalkboards!!! They are pretty fun.

o
RE: Gayle...Thanks

The chalk board and huge fridge went to my daughter when moving into my smaller home. I put magnet tape on back to attach on door. The hobby stores have metal frame kits in many sizes which are easy to put together and are light.

I did spray the door of the shed with chalk board paint, the grand kids can still play. This paint is great stuff, seems to go on anything. Thinking about spraying on one side of an island or even a lower cupboard door. Still using the Scrabble tile holder for chalk, it was meant to be.

The other chalkboard was an old Coca Cola sign from a soda fountain/drug store. I had collected Coca Cola antiques and decorated a half bath with them. Long gone now, for the sake of dusting I opted out of antique furniture and accessories. A couple pieces still exist with memories attached.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here