Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wantoretire_did

finally closed on our dw !!!

wantoretire_did
13 years ago

We closed and movers will be there bright and early tomorrow (Monday). After 3 weeks in a motel and 1-1/2 week with DS, I'm rarin' to get going. Today, an early trip to WalMart then put in shelf liner and put away kitchen and bath stuff that was in the storage unit to clear the way for movers. Cable guy can't get there until Saturday :-( so no computer or TV for 6 days - what will I do - I know, unpack boxes!!

Fortunately, all windows have mini blinds, so don't have to hang sheets for privacy and I can take my time for curtains, etc., and settle in for winter.

Comments (9)

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

Woo Hoo REALLY happy for you!!!!! Don't work too hard. Yah right.

• desertsteph
    13 years ago

pics! where are the pics?

congrats! hopefully the next few days will go by quickly and you will be on here showing us pics of it all unpacked...lol!

• User
    13 years ago

Wantto, so very happy for you! Nothing like knowing where you will be hanging your hat for many years to come.

The minute you get reconnected, bring us up to date on the new place, and if it has any gardening space.

• wantoretire_did
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi all and thank you for the good wishes. I unpacked and put away some food/spices/cleaning potions that were in storage. Oh, my aching back. Met the man who mows and blows (snow) also does leaves and 800,000,000 pine needles. They are everywhere. Seller left dozens of giant zinnias and tomato plants that are now fading fast, so I will get them pulled out and into compost. Next spring, I'll plant perennials, shade and sun :-) Trying to keep yard maintenance at a minimum.

No pics for now. It doesn't look very good. Needs to be power washed and a tree trimmed, etc. and try to get settled in for winter. And, computer won't be connected until next Saturday. Yikes................

TTY then.

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

Congratulations! I thought you were going to have to start over looking for another house. Glad this one finally worked out. Can't wait to see pictures.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    13 years ago

Congratulations! I hate moving, and I've always found that in the few weeks following a move, I wish I'd never had the idea--even if I loved the house before. Fortunately that feeling wears off as I get things organized.

Hope everything goes smoothly from this point, and you can enjoy your new home.

• FlowerLady6
    13 years ago

Congrats on your new home and have fun setting it up. I also look forward to seeing pictures after you're settled in.

FlowerLady

• wantoretire_did
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi All - We are 3 1/2 weeks into our move and have finally gotten rid of the dreaded cardboard boxes. I've found many places to stash stuff (my big walk-in closet, under the bed, etc.) Have had some minor projects done and still a few to go before we button up for winter. I haven't had the energy to go through the posting ordeal yet.

Glutton for punishment (singular because care is mine) - a co-worker of a friend had to give away a shih tzu, so here we are, furbaby parents again :-)
    We really love our new home, and I can't wait until all this "fixing" is done and I can just make soup and crochet. Not much to ask for, is it????

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

How exhausting and exciting at the same time.

Soup and crochet sound wonderful.

Congratulations on your new baby. They are usually really sweet doggies. And so cute!! I wanted one. But hubby wanted border collie. Still he is a lap dog. LOL ALL 50 pounds of him.

Drop in when you feel up to it.