Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Unfitted Kitchen' blog

Posted by mama_goose (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 23, 10 at 21:57

I know there are several GW members who like the idea of unfitted kitchens--I found a really interesting blog about a farm-cottage kitchen built with salvaged finds.

If you have any unusual kitchen pics or blog links, feel free to post them. Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: continental calliope unfitted kitchen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Unfitted Kitchen' blog

Great....now I will be on the net forever. Even the links are wonderful.

o

'Unfitted' kitchen. That's definitely what we have and I love it.

Thanks for the link, nice blog and her kitchen is great.

FlowerLady

o

I briefly looked through and love her kitchen. Will go back for sure when I have more time. Thanks Mama-goose !!

o

Mama goose- Great link! She has done a wonderful kitchen with all the different unfitted pieces. I love those upper cabinets with the beadboard backs :)

I wish there were more choices (and affordable ones, at that) when it came to appliances. I do not like stainless steel (too many years working in restaurants, while going to school) and I'd love to find a vintage looking range that was new. The idea of having all the ovens and warming drawers really appeals to me, especially the upper oven for baking cookies!

Having separate ranges and ovens takes up so much space and in this remodel, there is only so much room, especially if we take down a few walls to open up the kitchen to the dining area. Maybe someone will decide that older style ranges were a better design...keeping my fingers crossed, while I save up money for a vintage range! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here