Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Does anyone read Victoria magazine?

lavender_lass
13 years ago

I just got the new issue of Victoria magazine and they have some amazing cottages in there...and an article on the Lake District in England with a feature on Beatrix Potter.

A friend on the Cottage Garden forum told me to check out page 34 and she was right. I had to go get the magazine to see what she was talking about, but it has a lot of exterior shots of some neat cottages. Also some great recipes :)

Comments (3)

• User
    13 years ago

Lavender, it's been a long time since I saw a Victoria magazine. Hard to realize it may have been the early 90s? Wow. But I was loving shabby chic then, and the two were inseparable.

I'd really like to see the cottages featured this month in the magazine, but I'm so incognito lately. No running around town for anything, even groceries.

Have you seen the movie about Beatrix Potter? Such a sad and romantic story. The movie is lovely.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

No, but I'd like to see it. I've been reading a lot about Peter Rabbit lately, and keep finding out interesting facts about Beatrix Potter. Is it out on DVD yet?

I am working on a small area of my kitchen garden to be a place for my youngest nieces and nephews to play in the garden. I love a theme (probably helps me to stay focused) so I'm calling it my Peter Rabbit potager. I'm trying to include vegetables, fruits, herbs etc. from the book...along with some fun items like the watering can and a little scarecrow. Also want to have some little hopscotch stones and paint numbers and items from the book on them. I'm not very artistic, but my mom has offered to help :)

If you get a chance, you might want to take a look at the magazine, when you do get to town...or maybe see some of it on the Internet? I used to love the old Victoria magazine, but didn't think much of the new one...until recently. Lately, it reminds me a lot more of the original. I remember one of the older issues had an entire recipe section on types of honey...different flavors, fruits, herbs, etc. I wish I'd kept that one!

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

That sounds so cute lavender lass. Take pictures! I had a friend who showed me a picture of huge sunflowers planted in a circle (except for one open spot) with morning glories interplanted among the stalks so the vines would climb up. Then I think the morning glories had something to climb to meet in the center. It made a living playhouse and I thought it was so cute.